Everest Parent Organization (EPO)
The Everest Parent Organization (EPO) actively contributes to the success of the school by meeting the needs of the faculty and students in a way that is consistent with Everest’s mission and school culture, including:
- a commitment to building and modeling character
- a principled vs. rules based approach
- consistent high standards and expectations
- involved parents
Every parent is a member of the EPO, there are no membership forms or dues. If you have a student at Everest, you are part of the EPO. We would love for you to get involved.
Who is the EPO?
Everyone knows that a PTA is a school organization you have to pay dues to join. At Everest, we have the EPO and you are automatically a member — no dues or registration required! The Everest Parent Organization coordinates and supplies the volunteer power that helps support all the programs and events we do throughout the year. We welcome your participation — it’s vital to the success of Everest, and very much appreciated!
Meet your Core Team Parent Volunteers:
- EPO Chairperson – Stacey Signorello
- Camping/Study Trip Coordinator – Jay Patel
- Teacher Appreciation Lunches – Nimisha Patel
- Graduation Coordinator – Linda Burt
- Newsletter Editor – Linnaea Knisley
- SignUp Genius – OPEN
- Donation Thank you Letters – Stephanie Woodworth
- Fundraising Team Leader – OPEN
- Everest Donation Tracking – Mary Wilson (but will need to train/transition)
- Website – Richard Hamel
- New Family Liaison – OPEN
- New Family Liaison Spanish Speaking families – Marva
- Directory Burst – Mark Tsugawa
- EPO Meetings Note Taker/Agenda – Rotating
If you would like to get involved, please reach out to Stacey Signorello.
There are a few different ways that Everest communicates with parents:
Weekly Newsletter – If you have a student at this school, you should be receiving the weekly newsletter every Sunday. For more information about the newsletter, please click here.
Everest Parents Yahoo! Email Group – Please sign up here to join the Everest Parents Yahoo! Email Group. The goal of this group is to foster communication among parents of students attending Everest Public School. It is not an official communications channel, nor is it monitored by teachers or administrators. Please continue to contact teachers or administration directly.
Everest Website – You are already on the website. We try to keep it as updated as possible so please check the website if you are looking for any information related to Everest.
At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents. -Jane D. Hull
Many hands make light work and all families are encouraged to volunteer approximately 30 hours/year (50 hours/year for two students). Volunteer parents provide support in many areas, camping trip, grade level study trips, Intersession, community events, administrative and college readiness support, helping staff school events, serving student lunches, providing transportation for field trips, awards and sports night, teachers appreciation and even participating in new freshman recruitment every year.
Open House Help Needed: ( Sign up here )
- 3 Dates – Tuesday, November 2nd (Everest) ,
- Tuesday, December 5th (Summit),
- Saturday, January 20th (Everest)
It’s a new year and we have a new goal – we want to raise $75,000!
Join us for #GivingTuesday on Tuesday, November 28, 2017.
Please donate here (scroll down and choose Everest Public HS in the pull-down menu).
What does your donation fund at Everest?
- Camping Trip
- Study Trips
- College Testing Fees